Music Internship Program
Grace Baptist Church – Summer Music Internship
Grace Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Church in Evans, Georgia (Augusta, GA) and is located at 4945 Hardy McManus Rd.
Our Church Mission Statement is “Changing Our World By Loving God And Loving Each Other”. We exist as a church to carry out that mission by exalting Christ, making disciples, and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ to those around us and throughout our Nation and World.
Our desire at Grace Baptist is to see Godly men and women who have been called into ministry develop in their Christian walk and to grow as ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our Summer Music Intern position has been created to do just that. Under the supervision and mentorship of our Minister of Music, we aim to provide a training ground to those who sense a deep calling from God to serve in the field of music and worship. Our interns will receive personal and professional ministry training, practical local church experience, and intentional discipleship. Our goal is to launch future worship pastors and leaders to serve the local church with excellence.
Applicants Should Be:
- Born-again believers
- At least rising college Sophomores
- Driven to influence local church ministry
- Capable of conducting Gospel-centered conversations
Supervisor: Brent Odom, Minister of Music (email@example.com)
Dates of Internship: Sunday, May 22, 2022, to Sunday, July 24th, 2022
Office Hours: Tues-Thurs 9am-5pm (*off days are typically Monday and Saturday but are subject to change depending on ministry schedule)
- Sunday: 7am-Noon, 4:30pm-7:30pm (church services, rehearsals, set-up)
- Wednesday: 6:30pm-9:00pm (Bible Study & Choir Rehearsal)
- Thursday: 7:00pm-9:00pm (Band Rehearsal)
Dress: Business Casual (unless otherwise specified – i.e. VBS, funerals, weddings, etc.)
Housing Arrangements: Host homes are arranged at no charge to the intern if housing is needed.
- Assist supervising minister in execution of all work activities
- Lead worship as assigned (all ages)
- Assist in administrative and organizational activities (music library, pro-presenter, audio, lighting, video, tech closet organization, etc…)
- Participate in the worship choir (singing or playing)
- Accompany staff on hospital/shut-in visitation and guest/prospect outreach
- Interact with and learn from our pastor and staff
Please use the link below to complete and submit application. Deadline for submittal is April 15, 2022. Any questions regarding the program may be directed to Brent Odom by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (P: 706-868-9729)
Brent Odom Minister of Music + Worship